1. Despite + noun/ noun phrase, S + V + …
- Despite the storm, I went to school.
- Despite the time constraints, she managed to finish the project.
2. S + V + … despite + noun/noun phrase
- I went to work despite the heavy rain.
- She finished the project despite the time constraints
3. Despite + V-ing, S + V + ….
- Despite working hard, they don’t earn much money
4. S + V + … + despite + V-ing
- They don’t earn much despite working very hard.
5. Despite the fact that + S + V + …, S + V + …
- Despite the fact that she is very arrogant, I really envy her talent.
IN SPITE OF
1. In spite of + noun/ noun phrase, S + V + …
- In spite of the challenges, my team successfully finished the project.
2. S + V + … + in spite of noun/ noun phrase
- We persuaded the clients in spite of the scandal.
3. In spite of + V-ing, S + V + ….
- In spite of spending hours on the report, she can’t seem to find the errors.
4. S + V + … + in spite of + V-ing
- She couldn’t find her purse in spite of looking everywhere.
4. In spite of the fact that + S + V + …., S + V + ….
- In spite of the fact that I don’t like him, I appreciate his contribution to our project.
1. Although/though + S + V + …, S + V + ….
- Although I don’t like his attitude, I really appreciate his contribution.
2. S + V + … + although/though + S + V + …
- I really appreciate his contribution although/though I don’t like his attitude
3. Although/though + Mệnh đề rút gọn (V-ing hoặc Vpp), S + V + ….
- Although very impressed, he didn’t talk to her. = although he was impressed, he …..
- Although living in Paris, he never visits his brother = although he lives in Paris, he ….
** Điểm cần lưu ý ở đây là 2 vế phải có cùng chủ ngữ