Hi everyone, welcome to english-learning.net, I hope you are well today. In this lesson, we’re going to learn different cool ways to express your opinions, what you think, what you believe.
1. I think that …
The most common way to give opinion is probably “I think that ..”. It directly gives people your opinion. For example:
- I think that we should do something to improve the service
- I think that we need to make a detailed plan.
2. I believe that …
This expression tells people what you believe, or something you think is true
- I believe that not many people find this software useful.
- I believe what we are doing is right.
3. I’m sure that …
“I’m sure that” conveys a strong opinion to people, use this when you are certain of what you’re going to say. For example:
- I’m sure that he is an American
- I’m sure that she is the best candidate for this position.
4. In my opinion, …
This is a natural and common way to give people your ideas and thoughts. If you have an idea and you’re not sure if people would agree or disagree, it’s just a personal opinion, then this expression is the perfect choice.
5. I feel that …
6. It seems to me that ….
7. I guess
These three express your thoughts with a low level of certainty, what you’re about to say is based on your feelings or anticipation, you can’t be sure about it. For example:
- I feel that nobody seems to care about her presentation
- It seems to me that young people spend too much time on social networks
- I guess it is the best way to solve this problem
8. As far as I know, …
These two expressions give a humble opinion, with a low level of certainty as well. It means “with all the knowledge I have about this matter”. For example:
- As far as I know, people in the Netherlands could speak English quite well.
- As far as I know, the best city to travel in Asia is Japan.