Hi everyone, welcome to english-learning.net. I hope you are well today
In this lesson, we’re going to learn some different ways to express what you do not like.
1. I don’t like…
This is a direct, straight-forward expression used to tell people something you are interested in. For example:
- I don’t like soccer and baseball.
- I don’t like noisy and selfish people.
2. I’m not into …
This is the opposite of “I’m into”. It tells people you are not passionate about something. For example:
- I’m not into heavy metal. I find them really boring.
- I’m not really into sports, yes, I’m a couch potato.
3. I’m not a fan of ….
This expression gives people the impression that you don’t have a strong interest in something. For example:
- I’m not a fan of superheroes movies.
- I’m not a fan of pop music.
4. I dislike…
“Dislike” basically is the opposite of “like”. If you dislike something, you do not like it. For example:
- I dislike being left alone.
- I dislike those noisy neighbors.
5. I hate…
This expression adds up a strong discontent and disfavor to your statement. For example:
- I hate spiders and rats
- I hate people who are dishonest and fake.
6. I can’t bear…
7. I can’t stand…
These two expressions show the highest level of discontent. They mean you cannot accept or get close to some things because of the discomfort they bring to you. For example:
- I can’t bear her complaints. That’s so annoying.
- I can’t stand blood, that’s why I never go to the hospital.