Hi everyone, welcome to english-learning.net. I hope you are well today. In this lesson, we are going to learn different ways to say “yes” and “no”.
This is a friendly way to show your agreement. For example:
- Do you think we should prepare dinner early?
- Yeah. Good idea.
Instead of saying “yes”, you could use this funny alternative in some informal situations.
- I’m hungry, do you want to get some snacks
This is another informal way to substitute “yes”. For example:
- I think this website is great for learning English. Do you think so?
- uh – huh
This phrase shows a strong agreement and it tells people you absolutely agree.
This is the opposite of “yup”, use it with people you know well, like friends, siblings, etc.
7. No way
“No way” expresses a strong disagreement, you should be think carefully before using it.
8. Not in a million years
This is an exaggeration. It means you would not agree, even in a million years, a very long time in future. For example:
- I was thinking if you want to go out with Nancy.
- Nancy? Not in a million years. She’s so mean, you know?
9. Under no circumstances
In this expression, “circumstances” means “situations”. It means you would never agree, whatever the situation is or might be. For example:
- Callum, you want to visit Paris next summer?
- Under no circumstances will I ever go back there. It’s a horrible city!