Hello everyone, welcome to english-learning.net . I hope you are well today. In this lesson, we’re going to discover some awesome ways to answer people when you don’t know, or don’t have the answer.
1. I have no idea
This expression means you have no information and you cannot guess or anticipate the answer. This is one of the most common ways to say “I don’t know”. For example:
- Do you think he will pass the exam?
- Well, I have no idea.
2. I have no clue
In this phrase, “clue” is a piece of information. It basically means I have no information to answer your question. For example:
- Do you know why they replaced the machine?
- I have no clue.
3. I dont have the slightest idea about that
This is the longer version of “I have no idea”. It conveys the same message: “I do not know”. For example.
- Where are they going to travel next week?
- I don’t have the slightest idea about that.
4. How could I know?
This expression is used to tell people that you don’t know and that you are not happy with that question. For example:
- I’m sorry, but why is the floor so dirty?
- How could I know? I just got here 2 minutes ago.
5. Who knows?
This phrase should be used when you have no information and you believe it’s impossible for people to know the answer. For example:
- Why did the new programmer resign?
- Who knows.
6. I’ve been wondering that, too
This phrase tells people you do not have the information and you are looking for the answer yourself. For example:
- Could anyone tell me how to unlock this door?
- I’ve been wondering that, too.
Leave a Reply